At the September 10, 2019, City Council meeting, the City Council discussed the formation of a Climate Emergency Mobilization Committee. The City Council ultimately created an ad-hoc study committee, comprised of five public members with knowledge and expertise in climate emergency mobilization issues and sustainability issues, each appointed by a City Council member.
The following members have been appointed:
- Steve Colome (appointed by Mayor Johnston)
- Michelle Ellison (appointed by Mayor Pro Tem Francina)
- Jim Selman (appointed by Councilmember Haney)
- Phil White (appointed by Councilmember Weirick)
- Brian Holly (appointed by Councilmember Blatz)
Committee meetings will be open to the public, and will be posted on the City’s website and at City Hall.