We are getting lists of useful tips on things to do if you are effected by the fire. This list will be posted below to help give a reminder of things to do. We’ll update it with other suggestions.
1. Contact the post office, or get a PO Box
2. Long term rental search
3. Make sure you have the tools you need, sturdy boots, gloves, shovels, etc.
4. Start working on the personal property list.
5. Save receipts. Loss of use insurance may cover incidentals too – hairbrush, phone chargers, etc.
6. As you buy things, tell the store owner your situation. Some stores will give you some level of discount as their way of helping you.
7. Let friends help.
8. Register at the shelters, with Red Cross and any other agency there, FEMA, etc.
9. Call Homeowners/Rental insurance immediately.
10. Call all of your utilities and either freeze or cancel service.
11. Call other insurances as needed (ex. car insurance or specialty insurance).
12. Consider Effect on Taxes