Wednesday, October 2, 2019 marks California Clear air day, the City of Ojai has taken the pledge to do its part and help clean California’s air. Recently, the City has began using battery electric landscaping equipment and encourages resident to participate as well.
In addition, the City will be hosting a Clean Air Day event on Wednesday October 2 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Libbey Park, 210 S. Signal Street. Residents are invited to attend the free event, where they will have an opportunity to speak with various organizations on how they can help clean California’s air.
Furthermore, the Ojai Recreation Department will be hosting a Ride-to-the Rec raffle. Residents who ride their bikes to the Recreation Department, 510 Park Road, on October 2, can enter the raffle to win a $25.00 Ojai Rec. gift certificate or a free tune-up at Bicycle of Ojai. To learn more about this raffle, please visit ojairec.com
Residents who are unable to attend can still help clean California’s Air. Here are a few ways from cleanairday.org, on how to participate:
- Leave your car at home: Bike to work/school, take public transport, carpool with co-workers or friends.
- Shut off unnecessary lights
- Replace gasoline lawn mower with an electric or a hand mower
- Commit to using natural all-purpose cleaner only
- Plant something (tree, office plant, garden, house plant, etc.)
- Choose not to light a fire or BBQ
- Change your home and/or car air filter
To learn more about California Clear air day or to take the pledge, please visit www.ccair.org