Below is a brief summary of the benefits that may be available to you if your work has been affected by the disease. Visit the Labor & Workforce Development Agency’s website for more information: www.labor.ca.gov/coronavirus2019/
- If you’re unable to work because you are caring for an ill or quarantined family member with COVID-19 you may qualify for Paid Family Leave (PFL).
- If you’re unable to work due to medical quarantine or illness, you may qualify for Disability Insurance.
- Those who have lost a job or have had their hours reduced for reasons related to COVID-19 may be able to partially recover their wages by filing an unemployment insurance claim.
- If a worker or a family member is sick or for preventative care when civil authorities recommend quarantine, workers may use accrued paid sick leave in accordance with the law.
- If workers are unable to do their usual job because they were exposed to and contracted COVID-19 during the regular course of their work, they may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.