The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will briefly close certain freeway ramps and state highway lanes in Ventura County on Monday, May 14, for the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race.- Possible delays on Highway 150.
Stage 2 of the seven-day competition will start at the Ventura Pier at 11:15 a.m. Monday and finish in Santa Barbara County after racing across Ventura County on city streets, local roads and portions of State Routes 34, 118 and 150. The following temporary closures and delays are expected:
• U.S. Highway 101 in Ventura: From 11:15 to 11:45 a.m., the northbound Highway 101 off-ramp at California Street and the northbound and southbound off-ramps at Seaward Avenue will be closed.
• U.S. Highway 101 in Camarillo: From 12 to 12:30 p.m., the northbound and southbound Highway 101 off-ramps at Lewis Road (State Route 34) will be closed as the cyclists cross Highway 101 on Lewis Road.
• Fifth Street (SR-34) and Lewis Road (also SR-34) in Camarillo: Motorists should expect delays between approximately 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
• State Route 118: Near the community of Somis, delays are expected between approximately 12 and 1 p.m. as cyclists ride on SR-34 and turn east on SR-118.
• State Route 150: Delays are expected approximately between 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. in and near the cities of Santa Paula and Ojai as riders advance along SR-150 toward the Santa Barbara/Ventura County Line.
The schedule is subject to change, and times are approximate. Caltrans issued an encroachment permit to the Amgen Tour of California 2018 for these closures. Signs will be posted to alert motorists of the closures.
The California Highway Patrol will assist with traffic control. Motorists are advised to consider alternate routes and check traffic conditions before traveling. Real-time highway and freeway traffic information is available online at the Caltrans Quickmap at quickmap.dot.ca.gov. Information about this event is at www.amgentourofcalifornia.com.