In an effort to adhere to social distancing guidelines for COVID-19 while continuing to provide as much service as possible to the community, the Ventura County Animal Services (VCAS) will be limiting Field Services with the following activities being suspended/postponed until further notice:
- Scheduled Barking Nuisance Hearings—Postponed and will be rescheduled
- Barking Nuisance Investigation—Suspended
- Non-Barking Nuisance Investigations—Will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Public Education/Outreach Events—Suspended
- Kennel Inspections and Permitting—Suspended
- Rooster Inspections and Permitting—Suspended
- License Canvassing—Suspended
In regards to pet licenses, VCAS is asking the public to purchase/renew pet licensed by US Mail, online on at http://www.vcas.us/programs-services/license-your-pet, or using a drop-box outside the VCAS office door at the Camarillo shelter (checks only). VCAS will not be processing licenses in person at the Simi Valley or Camarillo shelters.
Lastly, VCAS has not adjusted any of the shelter services at this time. However, VCSA is discouraging the public from “casual visit” and asking that they only come to the shelters if they have needs (i.e. reclaim of lost pets, adoptions, bringing in stray animals, etc.). VCSA has suspended larger crowd events such as new volunteer orientations, Rescue Readers program, and other community focused-shelter activities.